9th CIRP Conference on
Assembly Technology and Systems
Leuven, 6-8 April 2022
CATS2022 is the 9th edition of the CIRP International Conference on Assembly Technologies and Systems organized under the auspices of the International Academy of Production Engineering CIRP. The central theme of this edition will be “Flexible Assembly and Disassembly Systems”. Experts from industry and academia will meet to present and discuss the latest developments and trends in the wide field from manual towards fully automated (dis)assembly technologies. The conference will cover a range of keynotes and technical sessions including, but not limited to flexible and reconfigurable (dis)assembly concepts and systems, human-robot interaction and collaboration, handling technologies, mobile and multi-robot systems, operator support and ergonomics…
CATS meets LCE
The CIRP CATS2022 conference on Assembly Technologies and Systems (6-8 April 2022) will be organized back-to-back with CIRP LCE2022 conference on Life Cycle Engineering (4-6 April 2022). Delegates of both conferences will have the opportunity to meet in a number of joint sessions on Wednesday 6 April, 2022 to foster cross-fertilization between both domains. Contributions presented during joint sessions include, among others, design for assembly and disassembly; disassembly technologies; re- and demanufacturing; and automation solutions for lightweight structure manufacturing. Furthermore, a joint conference reception will be organized on Tuesday evening 5 April, 2022.
In line with LCE2022 also the CATS2022 conference will be organized in a hybrid format.
Access to keynotes (live keynotes in Leuven)
Access to technical sessions in Leuven. Live participation in discussions.
Following streamed presentations of remote participants (limited to max. 20% of the slots)
Access to coffee break & networking sessions
Online access to streaming of keynotes
Online access to streaming of technical sessions (Leuven tracks) presentations via streaming. Participation in Leuven discussions via chat functionality.
Presentations by remote participants (on request; max. 20% of the slots). Priority will be given to requests from intercontinental participants.
- Design for (dis)assembly
- Flexible and reconfigurable (dis)assembly concepts and systems
- From manual towards fully automated (dis)assembly
- Assembly planning, control and scheduling
- Process modeling, simulation and optimization
- Human-Robot interaction and collaboration
- Computer vision and perception for (dis)assembly
- Handling technologies and (robotic) grippers
- Manipulation of deformable objects
- Energy and resource efficiency in (dis)assembly
- Flexible and intelligent joining systems
- Novel joining processes for advanced materials
- Operator support, training and ergonomics
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Robust, fast and safe path planning
- Multi-Robot concepts and systems
- Mobile robots and platforms
- Methods and tools for knowledge management
- Prof. Karel Kellens (conference chair, KU Leuven, FlandersMake@KU Leuven )
- Prof. Eric Demeester (conference chair, KU Leuven)
- Prof. Em. Hendrik van Brussel (Honory chair, KU Leuven)
- Ing. Maarten Verheyen (ICT, KU Leuven)
- Mrs. Veronique Theunis (Financial administration, KU Leuven)
- Mrs. Veerle Moons (PR, KU Leuven)
- BERNARD A. (France)
- CAGGIANO A. (Italy)
- COTTYN J. (Belgium)
- DEMEESTER E. (Belgium)
- DIETRICH F. (Germany)
- DUMUR D. (France)
- FLEISCHER J. (Germany)
- HU J. (USA)
- IUNG B. (France)
- KELLENS K. (Belgium)
- KIMURA F. (Japan)
- KUMARA S. (USA)
- LANZA G. (Germany)
- LUTTERS E. (The Netherlands)
- MAKRIS S. (Greece)
- MOURTZIS D.A. (Greece)
- NASSEHI A. (UK)
- ONG S. (Singapore)
- PAPAKOSTAS N. (Ireland)
- RAATZ A. (Germany)
- SCHLUND S. (Austria)
- SCHMITT R. (Germany)
- SIHN W. (Austria)
- SODERBERG R. (Sweden)
- SUH P. N. (Korea)
- SUTHERLAND J. (USA)
- TRACHT K. (Germany)
- UMEDA Y. (Japan)
- VRABIC R. (Slovenia)
- ZAEH M. (Germany)
The preliminary programme is available via this link. The organising committee reserves the right to make minor changes for the further optimisation of the programme.
The conference dinner will be organized in the Faculty Club, which is part of the unique historic setting of the Grand Beguinage that dates back to the 13th century. This picturesque series of courtyards, alleys and ancient houses constituted a safe harbour for lay religious women in Medieval times. It was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List in March 2000. The Faculty Club is located in the historic infirmary building of the Grand Beguinage.
10 July 2021
Notification of abstract acceptance
15 July 2021
Full paper submission
15 September 2021
Notification of full paper review result
1 November 2021
Final paper submission
1 December 2021
Presenter and early bird registration deadline
1 February 2022
Regular registration deadline
25 March 2022
6-8 April 2022
Deadline for abstract submission: 10 July 2021.
Abstract Size Limit: max. 2000 characters (excluding title, author names and affiliations)
A maximum of 20% of the technical presentation slots can be allocated to remote presentations. If you want to qualify for such remote presentation, please indicate so on the abstract submission form.
Instructions for abstract submission
- Prepare your abstract using this template as well as the Declaration of Interest statement.
- Register/Log in to the editorial manager for Procedia CIRP: Click here!
- Click on “Submit New Manuscript” and follow the instructions: Set “Article Type” and “Section/Category” to “SI: CATS 2022”
- Build PDF for Approval
- View and approve your submission
After successfully submitting your abstract you will receive a submission confirmation via email.
Authors will be notified of the acceptance after all abstracts have been reviewed.
Please submit your full manuscript as a revised version of your abstract via the Elsevier Editorial Manager by 15 September 2021. Note that the length of a full paper must be from 3 to 6 pages and Elsevier templates must be used (see below). Please make sure to upload the following documents for your complete submission: Manuscript, Manuscript in PDF and Credit Author Statement.
For more information please also check out the additional information below:
Full paper template: